Since younger, my grandma and my mum like to prepare dinner braised pork stomach in soy sauce for us as a dish along with a fried vegetable dish for our lunch and dinner. This is without doubt one of the dishes that my household handed down from technology to technology and my mum excelled in it.
Her tau yew bak was legendary; the pork stomach was at all times tender, juicy, and they’re steeped in an intensely flavorful soy sauce. The style was complicated, subtle, addictive, and completely delectable. There have been at all times extras similar to hard-boiled eggs, tofu, and mushrooms. It’s a savory dish which comes with steamed rice and it was additionally one among my childhood favourite dishes.
Right here is the key recipe.
Braised Pork in Soy Sauce Recipe (Tau Yew Bak)
- 150g pork stomach (minimize into small items).
- 2 cups water.
- 1/2 pulp of garlic (don’t chopped nor take away the pores and skin).
- 2 hard-boiled eggs.
- 1 massive piece of tofu/bean curd.
- 4 mushroom (soak and minimize into half if it’s too massive after soaked).
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoons darkish soy sauce, or till it reaches your required coloration.
- 1 star anise.
- 4 cloves.
Recipe for braised pork in soy sauce
Laborious boiled eggs
- Place the eggs within the pot and crammed the pot with water by protecting the eggs.
- Carry the pot to warmth and wait till it begins boiling, flip it all the way down to low warmth and let it boiled for 10 minutes.
- Then, flip off the warmth and convey the eggs out from the pot and set it apart for cooling.
- Peel off the hardboiled egg. Put aside.
Tip: Should you boiled the water then solely place the egg into the boiling water, it’d trigger the egg to interrupt earlier than the egg is absolutely cooked. The break is attributable to the sudden change of temperature drastically.
Deep fry the bean curd:
- Warmth up the oil in a wok; Add within the items of bean curd for deep-frying till it turns mild brown.
- Place the fried bean curd on the kitchen towel and put aside.
Tip: Chances are you’ll use frying pan to fry this bean curds. It can prove evenly mild brown if in comparison with wok.
- Warmth up the wok with out oil; fry the items of pork stomach on the lowest warmth for five minutes.
- Subsequent, add within the garlic and stir fry them along with the pork stomach.
- Combined within the mushrooms and stir them properly.
- Add within the soy sauce and the darkish soy sauce to the colour as you desired.
- Then, pour within the water and improve the warmth to medium. Add within the star anise and cloves collectively.
- Braise it for 1.5 hour or till the pork stomach is cooked and develop into tender.
- Then, add within the laborious boil eggs and good friend bean curd into the braised pork.
- Proceed to simmer within the lowest warmth for five minutes. Make certain the gravy just isn’t dry off as per how lengthy you simmer it.
- It tastes good when serve scorching along with steamed rice.
Spicy Deep Fry Pork Ribs
One sunny Sunday afternoon, I visited my finest good friend’s home for a chat. Alongside the way in which, she says she goes to attend a potluck dinner at her cousin’s place.
So, she want to begin her cooking for the potluck dinner. I used to be so delighted that she thought me prepare dinner her all time favourite spicy fry pork ribs. I got here again house and tried it out myself! Style good! Right here is the recipe.
200g pork ribs (minimize in cubes)
2 tsp soy sauce
Dashes of pepper
5 small chili (chopped finely)
1 pink chili (chopped finely)
4 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
2 tsp corn flour
3 tsp plain flour
1. Combine the corn flour and plain flour collectively. Put aside.
2. Seasoned the pork ribs with soy sauce and pepper for half-hour then add in 1 egg. Put aside.
3. Warmth up the oil, dip the pork ribs from step 2 into step 1. Instantly deep fry the pork ribs coated with the flour till it turns mild brown.
4. After end deep fry all of the pork ribs, clear the wok.
5. Warmth up the oil once more on the cleaned wok, stir fry the garlic, small chili and pink chili till it fragrant.
6. Add in all of the fried pork ribs and stir them properly.
7. Dish them out and readily served. Take pleasure in!