Congee is contemplating the principle meals for Chinese language neighborhood within the olden days. For these poor, they normally simply had plain congee with none elements as their meals be it lunch or dinner.However, these days you could discover congee add varied selection and bought in lots of Chinese language eating places.
It’s also served as breakfast in lots of Chinese language households. There are numerous sorts of congee accessible this present day. You possibly can simply add any elements that you just desired.
Right here is one in all my favorite congee recipes that I used to eat when my grandma advised me she obtained no time to cook dinner for me. I took this recipe from her. It may be put together quick, easy, wholesome and nutritious as not oily. Some Chinese language have this as their breakfast.
Listed here are some recipes that you could be wish to attempt it out.
Minced Pork Congee
20g minced pork (you may get the lean pork and floor it your self)
1 stalk choy sum (washed and minimize into size)
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 stalk of scallion (finely chopped)
1/2 jicama (peel off the pores and skin)
Preserved greens/tong cai (finely chopped)
Dashes of salt to style
Season the minced pork:
1. Place the minced pork in a bowl.
2. Add in soy sauce, white pepper powder, corn flour and a little bit of water to the minced pork. Stir them nicely.
3. After 5 minutes, use spoon to form the minced pork into many small balls shapes and set them apart.
Methods to cook dinner the essential Chinese language Congee recipe?
1. Prepare dinner the rice with electrical rice cooker.
2. Warmth up the oil within the wok and stir fry the garlic till it turns gentle brown.
3. Dish it out from the wok and set it apart.
4. Boil water in a pot.
5. As soon as the water is boiling, add within the jicama for 20 minutes to make the soups tasty.
6. Take away the jicama.
7. Pour within the ball form of minced pork into the pot one after the other at low warmth.
8. As soon as the pork slowly cooked (flip white), add within the choy sum (greens).
9. Lastly, add within the salted greens/tong cai.
10. Add within the steamed rice/leftover rice. Add a little bit of soy sauce to make the soup seems a bit brownish.
11. Add in dashes of salt to style.
12. Congee is able to serve. Garnish with the fried garlic and scallion on high of the congee.
1. Have to be careful of the water throughout the simmering because the water may dry off and you should pour in water.
2. For individuals who like some spiciness, you could add in chopped contemporary chilli to style.
Century Egg & Salted Egg Congee
For these salted egg lover, you undoubtedly love this fabulous dish! It’s simple to arrange and make. Crucial is that it style nice!
1 century eggs (minimize into small items)
1 salted eggs (minimize into small items)
1 cup of rice
5g sliced pork or hen
small piece of ginger (sliced)