My mum’s favorite Chinese food is any bean curd delicacies. Anything with bean curd, she will definitely love it whether it was spicy, fried or steam.
- Steamed Tofu With Minced Meat.
- Tofu Stuffed Minced Chicken.
- Claypot Tofu (Sapo Tofu).
- Fermented Black Bean TofuSteamed Tofu With Minced Meat.
I learned to cook this dish since I was a kid because my mum cook it very often as it is very simple and easy to prepare, plus it is a healthy dish. Give yourself a try! Even for those carnivores, you will also love it as my guy friends love it too!
Ingredients:40g minced meat(seasoned with dark soy sauce, corn flour, pepper)1 tofu/bean curd1/2 chili (sliced finely)1 scallion (chopped finely)
Methods:1. Steam the tofu/bean curd and set aside.
2. Heat up the oil and stir fry the minced meat until it cooked for about 2 minutes.
3. Add in 3 tbsp of water and stir them well.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the steamed tofu.
5. Garnish it with chili and scallions.
Tofu Stuffed Minced Chicken
Weekend is the time I get my hands messy again… Today I want to try out something different as I have some leftover chicken, so I end up thinking of stuffing into tofu.
Today is my mum’s birthday! I will make her favorite and healthy dish. She just loves tofu, maybe because is soft and easily chew. Haha…. Here goes the recipe!
Ingredients:50g minced chicken (seasoned with soy sauce, pepper & corn flour)2 tofu½ red chili (chopped finely)2 stalk scallions (chopped finely)Gravy Ingredients:1 shiitake mushroom (soaked in water and sliced finely)½ tsp corn flour (mix with 1.5 tsp of water)1tsp soy sauce
Methods:1. Mix well minced chicken with scallions.
2. Cut tofu into half and make a hole in the middle (as pictures below).
3. Then, stuffed in step 1 into the tofu.
4. Next, steamed them for 10 minutes. Place the tofu with minced chicken after the water boiling in the pot.
5. While waiting for the tofu to be steamed. You may now stir fry the shiitake mushrooms and add in corn flour with water to make the gravy. Add in the soy sauce to taste.
6. After the tofu is fully cooked, pour the gravy on top of the steamed stuffed tofu. Garnish with red chili.
Serve hot with hot steamed rice.
Claypot Tofu (Sapo Tofu)
I had made some modifications of this dish as I do not have a clay pot in my house. But, I still want to have clay pot tofu for my dinner! How?
I don’t care… I cook it with my precious wok! If you are looking for this dish and want to try out, it tastes no different from the clay pot style cooking. Why not try it out yourself, it will be better for you to judge it by then.
Ingredients:1 leek (sliced in 2cm length)1/2 carrot (sliced in pieces)2 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water and sliced finely)50g lean meat (sliced finely)1 tofu (cut into 8 cubes)
Methods:1. Fry the tofu after dip into the corn flour and set aside.
2. Heat up the wok, stir fry the lean meat and mushrooms. Then, mix in carrots and leek.
3. Stir them well for 2 minutes; add in 1 cup of water and corn flour water.
4. Lastly, mix in the fried tofu and make a quick stir.
5. Then, dish out and served hot with steamed rice.
Note:The purpose of dipping into the corn flour while frying the tofu is to make the tofu won’t stick on the wok. Most important is your soft spongy tofu is perfectly nice and taste great.
Fermented Black Bean Tofu
So long I didn’t have fermented black bean cooking… When I was a little girl, my dad who don’t really cook. When my mum was out to work or go shopping, he will just cook white porridge and mix with fermented black bean fish.
To be honest to you, even though is so simple… But, I just love it so much! When I was in UK studying, I just get this fermented black beans and I can make anything with it. So, it’s an important sauce in Chinese cooking recipes.
Today, I just bought a bottle of fermented black beans from the supermarket. Let me introduce my fermented black bean’s tofu with you!
1 tsp fermented black beans1 tsp broad bean paste1 tofu (cubes)70g minced meatspring onion (finely chopped)chili (finely chopped)
1. Heat up the oil, stir fry the minced meat until it turns white.
2. Add in the fermented black bean and broad bean paste, stir them for 1 minute. Then, immediately add in water.
3. Slowly add in the tofu and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Handle the tofu with care as not to break it into smaller pieces.
4. The moment all are cooked. Dish out and garnish with spring onion and chili.