Looking for more Chinese appetizer recipes? Here you go… Stay tune! More to come.
Today, my brother came back home. I wanted to cook him his favorite pork meat rolls. Since young, I always the one helping my granny to wrap the pork meat roll with bean curd sheet.
Fried Bean Curd Pork Meat Roll
Pork meat roll wrap with bean curd sheet is a traditional dish and MUST HAVE dish served during Chinese New Year. You can served with hot steamed rice or just take it as an appetizer. Both also taste good. Hehe… Let me share my granny authentic recipe wit you!
150g lean pork
1/4 tsp five spice powder
30g shallot (thinly sliced)
2 tsp sugar
4 tsp mung bean flour
1/2 tsp salt
Dashes of pepper
Bean curd skin
Wrap the pork meat roll:
Step by step pictures as below:
1. After adding all the ingredients and then wrap them well.
2. Heat up the oil for deep frying, make sure the oil is hot before start frying.
3. Fry them batch by batch until it turns golden brown, do not fry them all at once.
4. Place it on the kitchen towel to soak the excess oil.
5. Cut them into 1cm length for consumption. Served it hot!
Stuffed Minced Meat In Bean Curd Ball
Try something different from the usual fried bean curd, this time I mix the spring onion with minced meat to stuffed it inside the bean curd and deep fry it. Easy and simple! Try it out yourself… I guarantee you sure love it!
9 bean curd balls
1 stalk spring onion (thinly chopped)
60g minced meat
3 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp corn flour
Dashes of pepper
1. Use scissor to cut the middle of each bean curd ball.
2. Seasoned the minced meat with soy sauce, pepper and corn flour. Mix them well.
3. Add in the chopped spring onion into the seasoned minced meat and stir them well.
4. Open the cut bean curd ball and press inside with finger to make a bigger hole and stuffed in the mixed minced meat with spring onion.
5. Heat up the wok and deep fry them. Served it hot!
Fried Banana Fritter
Have you ever try to fry banana before? I’m frying the banana fritters by wrapping with spring roll wrappers. I love those tiny bananas, easily wrapped and fried.
My dad brought back some tiny bananas and everyone took a look at it, but no one had them. So, I decided to fried them all. Less than a minute, all the fried banana fritter hot from the oven are gone!! Puff!! Like magic! Simple and easy, happy frying…
8 tiny bananas (make sure is ripe)
8 spring roll wrappers
1.5 cups oil (frying)
- Take off the skin of the bananas, wrapper them with spring roll wrappers and put aside.
- Heat up the oil, make sure it’s really hot! Then slowly deep fry those wrapped bananas.
- Serve it hot! Just like this! Isn’t it easy? Try out yourself, I’m sure you going to love it!